/ HorseAid tm
Internet Web Site Copyright/Trademark Acceptance & Disclaimer Agreement
I.G.H.A./HorseAid tm ("IGHA/HA") maintains this Site ("Site") for your personal entertainment, information, education and communication. Please feel free to browse the Site — as long as you agree to all the Terms and Conditions contained herein.
The Site and its contents are designed to generally comply with all applicable international laws and regulations, and specifically those of the United States.
The Site may, from time to time, contain information relating to various human and non-human medical conditions and their treatment(s). Should a medical condition exist, or is suspected, you are advised to promptly see your physician or other medical professional. Nothing on the Site should be construed as offering medical or veterinary advice in lieu of promptly seeking professional medical or veterinary advice for any existing or suspected human or animal medical condition(s).
The Site contains information concerning IGHA/HA tm that may be useful to IGHA/HA Chapters sm; SafeHouses sm; SafeHavens sm; volunteers; equine adopters; equine donators; equine registrants; supporters, and the general public. In particular, IGHA/HA makes no representation or warranties as to the accuracy of any information contained herein and expressly disclaims any obligation to update said information. IGHA/HA further assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
The following 12 statements ("Terms and Conditions") are important information for you as a user of the IGHA/HA Site. Please read them carefully before entering the Site, and refer to them as necessary as you explore the Site. These 12 statements are the conditions upon which IGHA/HA agrees to give you access to this Site. If you disagree with any statement contained herein, and do not wish to accept these conditions, please do not visit the IGHA/HA Site. Through your access to, and use of the Site, you ACCEPT, without limitation or qualification, ALL the terms and conditions set forth below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. You may freely browse the Site. You may freely download material therefrom. Any and all downloaded materials may be used by you ONLY for personal, non-commercial use. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit by any means (including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or by any future technologies yet undiscovered or invented), reuse, re-post or use any such materials for any public or commercial purposes whatsoever without the express written permission of IGHA/HA (including storage in an archival retrieval system). All copyright and other proprietary notices contained in downloaded materials must be retained and clearly marked as such. "Fair Use" is hereby granted to quote short text passages, or attributable quotes, from the Site for non-commercial use when used within the context and original intent of the source text. The source of the quote must accompany the quoted text and be in close proximity to it.
2. You should assume that all contents of the Site are copyrighted by IGHA/HA unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided herein and without the express written permission of IGHA/HA.
3. ALL images, photographs, graphics, logos, and other visual and audio representations (collectively, the "Content") displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, IGHA/HA. The use of any of the Content by you is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or by specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Unauthorized use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark, privacy and/or publicity laws as well as international, federal, and state communications regulations and statutes including applicable sections of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 ("DMCA").
4. Your use of the Site is at your own risk. Neither IGHA/HA nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. This includes damages to, or for viruses that may infect, your computer equipment. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" without warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties before accessing the Site. The Site may from time to time contain statements about intended future events or predictions. PLEASE NOTE THAT SUCH STATEMENTS ARE PREDICTIONS ONLY AND THAT ACTUAL EVENTS MAY DIFFER.
5. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and nonproprietary information. IGHA/HA, or any of its affiliates, may use such communication or material for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and further posting. Further, IGHA/HA and its affiliates, are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any communication or material you send to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise for any purpose whatsoever and without compensation whatsoever.
6. The trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively, the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered trademarks and service marks of IGHA/HA and others. Nothing contained in the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right in and to the Trademarks without the express written permission of IGHA/HA or such third party. Your misuse of the Trademarks on the Site and in its Contents, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are advised that IGHA/HA will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights in the Site and its Content to the fullest extent of the law, including by seeking federal and state civil litigation and criminal sanctions.
7. Web site "links": IGHA/HA has not reviewed all of the sites that may be linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to, or viewing any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk. You may freely provide a direct, unedited link from your site to any publicly published page(s) on the Site so long as the intent is not to parody or demean either the page content or intended purpose of the page. However, you are expressly prohibited from linking to any page on the Site for any purposes that would be construed as unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic or profane.
8. Although IGHA/HA may, from time to time, monitor or review the discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like (if any) on the Site, IGHA/HA is under no obligation to do so, and IGHA/HA assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of the Site nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within the Site.
9. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or would otherwise violate the law. IGHA/HA will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing IGHA/HA to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials except in cases of bona fide equine abuse reporting (see our "Abuse Report Form" for further details).
10. IGHA/HA reserves the right to alter or delete material from the Site at any time, and without prior notice.
11. IGHA/HA may, at any time, revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should, therefore, periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions before accessing the Site.
12. If you do NOT agree to all of the Terms and Conditions contain herein, log off the Site immediately! NOTE that you are still bound by all the Terms and Conditions contained herein for the time you were logged onto the Site. Termination of access and remedies: If IGHA/HA makes a request to you to stop using the Site and/or to promptly return or destroy any copies of any information downloaded from the Site, you will comply immediately with this request and will confirm in writing to IGHA/HA within ten (10) days that you have done so. You agree that IGHA/HA will be entitled to equitable relief, including an injunction to enforce the provisions of this agreement. You further agree not to assign or transfer any of the rights granted by this agreement, and that this agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California. This agreement is effective until terminated by either party. You may terminate this agreement at any time by discontinuing your use of the Site and destroying all materials obtained from it.
COPYRIGHT INTERNATIONAL GENERIC HORSE ASSOCIATION 1975-2004 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED